The first meetup is Friday, September 13, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. at Turley Park in Carbondale, Illinois.
We are in charge of buying things for our family, of making sure we can provide for them, and making sure that they get the education they need. We want to do what’s best for our family and its future and the more we know about The Climate Economy, the better we can do for our family and its future. TCE Moms and Dads Meetups are based on the 3-Step Program of The Climate Economy (https://theclimateeconomy.com/3-step-program-towards-a-low-carbon-lifestyle/) and will provide tips and education on the following:
- Understanding our carbon footprint, why it’s important, and how we can manage it.
- Understanding how the economy is changing due to the growth in clean energy and climate-friendly businesses, and what parents and kids need to know about how things might be different in the future.
- Understanding how we can communicate about these issues and learn more.
This group is for parents that want to overcome the anxiety of dealing with climate change in their daily lives by learning more about what they can do for their families. This group is kid-friendly. We encourage you to bring your kids, a picnic basket for your family if you want, and to play on the playground with other families after (or during) the meetup. At the meetups:
- The Climate Economy Education Inc will provide a short introductory “lesson” or two on various topics.
- The Climate Economy Education Inc will provide an overview of current events in the world in terms of energy, climate change, and how its affecting the economy, including in Carbondale.Participants will be encouraged to contribute anything they know of.
- Next we will have time for parents to ask questions or express their concerns about what’s happening in the world in terms of energy, climate change and the economy.
- Parents can then break into groups to talk and dig deeper into the particular topics that they’re interested in.
- Then, we play. Kids to the playground, parents can keep working in their groups or just chat with other parents.
The events will run along this timeline but parents are welcome to come and go as their schedule allows. Everyone is welcome!