Hello Friends, Happy new year!
As you know, The Climate Economy is working to support positive change towards business models and lifestyles that are good for the climate, economy and humanity. Here are some updates:
- All4.Earth, TCE’s proprietary/prototype platform for collaborative change is up and running.
- A couple of new courses have recently been added on All4.Earth: Introduction to the Illinois Climate and Equitable Jobs Act, and Climate Venture Maps.
- Tina Carpenter was added to our board of directors in 2023.
- TCE recieved a $15k grant from the Just Transition Fund in late 2022 to do some research on establishing the industrial hemp industry in southern Illinois. We received an extention at the end of 2023 and will hopefully be finishing that up this year, and figuring out next steps.
- I’m serving as one of Illinois Humainties “Roads Scholars” this year. I’ve got presentations planned across Illinois in 2024.
- I started planning a “teen summit and maker faire” back in 2022, and it looks like it might finally come to fruition this year.
- This spring, I’m finally assisting with a “Climate Catalyst” course at the University of North Caronlina Charolotte with Dr. Jennifer Warner.
- This spring, I’m facilitating a global biochar research and development group on All4.Earth that’s working on Dr. Paul Anderson’s RoCC Kiln.
That’s just a few of the things going on. As always, thanks for your support.
Amy McMorrow Hunter
The Climate Economy Education Inc