low-carbon | net zero | regenerative | | sustainable | renewable | resilient | clean | healthy | smart | profitable
Find your niche in The Climate Economy, where it’s a win-win-win for climate-economy-humanity.
The Climate Economy: A Primer
The Climate Economy Education Inc (TCE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that provides education, ideas and resources about how to thrive in a world with a changing climate by reconnecting to nature, our fellow humans and our personal passions. We focus on educating about business models, related science and lifestyle ideas that are good for the climate, the economy, and humanity. We can decarbonize every sector of the economy and reap health, financial and environmental benefits. There are infinite ideas and opportunities out there for everyone, to create our future with a world in balance, and TCE seeks out all those ideas and opportunities and brings them to you here. We also connect you to others in your community and across the globe with like-minded aspirations and interests.
Founder and President: Amy McMorrow Hunter
Board Members: Chris Walls, Executive Director, Science Center of Southern Illinois; Peter Gregory, Humidtown Ventures; Adam Stone, Author, Producer, Filmmaker, Attorney
Our main offices are in Makanda, Illinois (southern Illinois) with satellite offices in Chillicothe, Illinois (central Illinois, home of the Grey Ghosts).
Read More Details (PDF downloads)
- The Climate Economy Education Inc – Executive Summary
- Using the Climate Venture Map Version 1.0 to Encourage and Reward Target Actions
The Problem: Climate change is one of the biggest challenges for current and future generations. Unless we start to work and live in ways that respect the climate instead of abusing it, climate change will bring about life-altering changes in temperature, weather, sea level, and biodiversity in the coming years and decades. Burning of fossil fuels, the biggest contributor to climate change, has to stop, as well as other unnatural processes, and be replaced with better alternatives. Humans are at a fork in the road. The choices we make and actions we take today and every day will determine the severity of climate change.
TCE Solution: Humans can lead productive, happy lives, but we (especially Americans) need to reduce our environmental impact in how we live, work and play. Changes in business models, including clean energy, natural conservation and circular economy, are necessary to both adapt to climate change and reduce the impact that humans have on the planet going forward. We need to relearn everything. Everything will change a little bit, and that will be a good thing, because we’ll have better health, less pollution, cleaner water, etc. (see below for more), and a few things will change in a big way, like the way we get our electricity and fuel. The more we know about The Climate Economy, the less afraid we will be of change, the more we can do, and the better we will feel.
|The Old Way||The Climate Economy Way|
- Our website provides ideas and resources for anyone who wants to embark on a journey into The Climate Economy. Start with an introduction to the The Climate Economy or jump right in at the Library.
- Read about the Climate Venture Map Version 1.0 (PDF).
- Educational events help grow TCE and communities:
- Community Kickoff Events – Bring in experts in energy, economic diversification and innovation to inspire your local community efforts. See an example.
- Youth Climate Economy Ventures: Monthly meetings at the Science Center of Southern Illinois provide high schools students with ideas, entrepreneurship skills, team building and mentoring to build The Climate Economy for their generation.
- The CLimate Economy Action Network (CLEAN): an online community for positive, productive discussion around TCE topics, forming groups locally or around topics, and taking action.
What does The Climate Economy look like?
As a result of the climate economy, we’ll have:
- Lives more connected to nature,
- Cleaner air and water,
- Clean energy and fuels for electricity and transportation,
- A more sustainable and healthy food supply,
- More meaningful, well-paying jobs,
- Better youth engagement,
- Less waste,
- Healthy soil,
- Locally sourced food and necessities,
- Appreciation of Indigenous peoples,
- Climate justice for society’s most vulnerable groups,
- People who choose to put their passions to work for the betterment of society, and
- Cohesive, cooperative, resilient communities.
Can you picture it?
What are the benefits of The Climate Economy?
In The Climate Economy we talk about new and changing business models that are a win-win-win for climate-economy-humanity. Here are some “wins” we can imagine that would be brought about by the climate economy:
- Climate Wins: reduced pollution, safe drinking water, flourishing forests, biodiversity, stable climate. In the climate economy, we work not only to protect nature, but also to help it flourish.
- Economic Wins: new jobs, new industries, regenerative agriculture, sustainable resource use, removal of inefficiencies, waste optimization, recycling. In the climate economy, a job is not only to build wealth, but to fulfill our purpose in life.
- Human Wins: Purposeful work, community involvement, lifelong learning, better health. In the climate economy, we work not only for ourselves, but for the betterment of all humanity.
Businesses that aim for these wins will win the future! Upcoming generations will demand them.
Why The Climate Economy?
In the race to preserve the climate for future generations, there are excellent strides being made at the international, national, state and local levels. TheClimateEconomy.com is for every person out there who may already have a business, need an idea for a business, students who need research ideas, or community groups looking for new projects. It’s for the people, by the people! People of every age, race, gender, location, and political stripe can benefit from a transition to the climate economy. All areas of expertise will be needed. It’s about things you can do. The opportunities are literally infinite. Some ways you may benefit from The Climate Economy:
- “Eco” your business: Explore new business models to design out waste, improve efficiency, save energy, etc.
- Benefit from positive PR: Responsible companies are getting all the love nowadays. Especially from younger generations.
- Prepare for the future carbon credits economy: It’s coming, and you’ll do well to be prepared to take advantage of it.
- Create new markets: Open up paths to new products and services to create new opportunities and revenue for your ideas or business.
- The Climate Economy is a new world of ingenuity, learning and cooperation there for the taking by those willing to work for it. You don’t have to “settle in,” you can continuously advance and improve things. Use your brain to its full potential like it’s meant to be. It’s like a second chance, or a new leash on life. Grab it.
There are many more advantages; to read more about why the Climate Economy is the future, Start Here.
TheClimateEconomy.com – “3-Step Program Towards a Low-Carbon Lifestyle”
Just like that favorite breakfast cereal of yours is part of a complete breakfast, TheClimateEconomy.com is part of a complete low-carbon lifestyle strategy. Here are three steps that will help you to make the best choices to thrive authentically in a world with a changing climate.
Evaluate your personal/business needs, and how you can cut unnecessary waste.
Seek out truth in a world of disinformation.
Know your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in a world with a changing climate.
Explore and learn more about what you love, and how it fits in The Climate Economy.
Try things out.
Measure and evaluate.
Specialize and create value in your area of expertise.
3. Share and Participate
Contribute your expertise.
More About TheClimateEconomy.com
By developing businesses or ideas for the climate economy, you can simultaneously make money, protect the environment for future generations, and improve lives. It’s a no-brainer! Or maybe just a new way of looking at things. It may be a matter of tweaking the way you do business today, or it could be the start of an entirely new venture. TheClimateEconomy.com is about working, making and servicing smarter to provide for your family and its future generations while helping to to improve the health of the planet. It’s a journey.
TheClimateEconomy.com is about new ideas, and turning climate problems into opportunities. It provides a starting point for information about how you can get involved in the Climate Economy. We will cover many topics; we are not necessarily experts in all of them, but we can provide a starting point for you. There is something for everyone in TheClimateEconomy.com, and there are new ideas sprouting every day (we have a growing list). Do you have something you’d like us to explore, or a question about a post, or would you like to co-blog? Email us.
How to Get Started
Explore the Library, where you can find introductions to many Climate Economy ideas and concepts. Find your niche, and dig into it. Explore jobs, businesses and events.
Discover what moves you about the Climate Economy! We’re here to help everyone who wants to be a part of The Climate Economy to find their niche and take their place in making history.
We are just getting started. It’s going to be an exciting time for current and future generations.
Questions or suggestions? Email email@example.com or call (618) 713-2896 for more information.